Are Glass Coffee Tables Dangerous?
Glass coffee tables can be an elegant addition to your home decor. That said, they can also pose certain risks. Knowing what these involve is essential to keeping your environment safe and enjoyable.
Top 5 Potential Dangers
When used properly, glass coffee tables are generally safe. Here are 5 possible dangers that need to be considered:
- Shattering: Glass is an inflexible material, and if it’s hit or knocked, it may shatter. This is especially the case if the glass is of lower quality.
- Chipping: Even if the glass doesn’t break, it can become chipped with rough handling. These chips can lead to ugly marks on the glass, as well as sharp edges which can cause injury.
- Slipping: Coasters and other accessories on the table can cause it to become ‘imbalanced’. On a slippery surface, the risk of a fall is high.
- Scratching: Movement of the glass coffee table over a hard surface can result in scratches on it. This can be damaging to the appearance and reduce its value.
- Dust: Finally, like any furniture, a glass table will attract dust over time. This can be difficult to clean and make the table look unsightly.
Glass coffee tables can be beautiful and elegant furnishing, but they can also be dangerous. If you choose to have a glass coffee table in your house, it is important to be aware of potential risks. With proper care and maintenance, however, you can enjoy your table safely.