Are Glass Coffee Tables Dangerous?
If you love the look of a glass coffee table for your home, you might be wondering if it is a safe item. After all, glass is breakable and no one wants their guests or children to get hurt. Here is what you should know about the safety of glass coffee tables.
Advantages of Glass Coffee Tables
Although there is a danger of injury due to glass, the more significant benefit of glass coffee tables is that they are a beautiful addition to any room. Not only are they aesthetically pleasing, but they also add a level of sophistication to whichever room they are featured in.
Safety Measures to Take When Using Glass Coffee Tables
There are some safety measures that can be taken to reduce the danger of glass coffee tables. Here are some tips to ensure your safety:
- Check the Quality – Ensure the glass coffee table is quality made and not just a cheap piece that can easily shatter.
- Use Fasteners – Fasten or glue the glass to the table to avoid it slipping out of place.
- Opt for Toughened Glass – Choose toughened or safety glass as it is much more resilient and less likely to shatter.
- Use Table Mats – If the glass gets scratched or marked, the permanence of the damage can be reduced with table mats.
- Install Security Glass Hinge – This hinge helps to prevent the glass from suddenly falling or moving when in use.
In conclusion, if you take a few safety measures and make sure you buy a quality piece of furniture, glass coffee tables can be a beautiful and safe addition to your home.