Are Glass Coffee Mugs Sturdier than Ceramic?
Coffee mugs come in all shapes and sizes, and an important decision to make in choosing the perfect mug is deciding between glass or ceramic.
Glass Coffee Mugs
Glass coffee mugs are the most popular choice among coffee-lovers because they:
- Retain Heat – Keeping drinks inside the mug warm for a longer period of time as compared to ceramic ones;
- Transparency – The clear surface of glass mugs displays the color of your coffee, hot chocolate, herbal tea, and whatever else you’re drinking;
- Style – With the ability to etch and print logos, the glass mug transforms a corporate tool into an advertising asset.
Ceramic Coffee Mugs
Ceramic coffee mugs offer an extra dose of attractiveness and charm because of their:
- Variety – Customers often get to pick between various colors and patterns when it comes to ceramic mugs;
- Versatility – They can safely go in the microwave, dishwasher, and oven; and
- Durability – With a combination of heat-resistant glaze and the sturdiness of ceramics, you can use them again and again.
Which One is Sturdier?
Overall, ceramic mugs are sturdier than glass mugs. Ceramic is thicker and denser than glass, which is why ceramic coffee mugs are harder to break. Also, glass coffee mugs are more vulnerable to damages caused by extreme temperatures. If a glass coffee mug is exposed to too much heat for too long, it will crack and shatter. The same does not happen to ceramic mugs.
Due to their properties and characteristics, both glass and ceramic coffee mugs can be used under all conditions. So your choice depends on the practicality that you need. If you are looking for something chic and eye-catching, ceramic mugs are the way to go. If you want something that will help keep your coffee warm while being able to see the color of it, then glass mugs would be better.
At the end of the day, it’s all up to you and your preference.