A Guide to Glass Coffee Tables
A glass coffee table is a beautiful and practical addition to many living rooms. With their modern yet timeless look, they easily blend in with existing decor, making them a versatile choice for those who want to upgrade the look of their living room without the hassle of replacing furniture.
Types of Glass Coffee Table
Glass coffee tables come in a variety of shapes and sizes. But there are three primary types you can choose from:
- Tempered glass: Tempered glass is a type of glass that has been treated and hardened for extra strength. This makes it resistant to shattering and better suited for residential use.
- Laminated glass: Laminated glass is made up of several distinct layers fused together. Its interior layers are made of a plastic interlayer that helps it resist cracking.
- Frosted glass: Frosted glass has a distinct textured look, making it one of the more aesthetically pleasing types of glass available. It’s perfect for those who want to add a bit of style to their home without sacrificing durability.
Pros and cons of a Glass Coffee Table
Like any piece of furniture, there are pros and cons to having a glass coffee table.
- Pros: Glass coffee tables provide you with an elegant and lightweight option for a living room. They’re easy to clean and don’t require any special maintenance. They also provide an open and airy feel to any room and isn’t affected by changes in temperature.
- Cons: The biggest con is that glass is prone to shattering, especially if it isn’t the tempered kind. This means that if you get it, you need to take extra care when handling it and make sure that you don’t put any heavy objects on it.
Tips for Choosing a Glass Coffee Table
Choosing the right glass coffee table for your living room doesn’t have to be a daunting task. Here are some tips to help you make the right decision:
- Measure your space: Measure your living area to find out what size table is best for it, or use a tape measure to ensure it will fit snugly. Also, make sure to leave enough room around the table so that you can easily move around it.
- Choose the right type of glass: As mentioned above, there are different types of glass for your table. Make sure to choose the one that best fits your needs – whether it’s tempered, laminated or frosted.
- Think about shape: Different shapes of glass coffee tables can give your room a unique appearance. If you want to make the most of the available space, opt for a round or oval-shaped table to open up the space.
- Prioritize comfort: Comfort should always be at the forefront of your decision-making process. If you want to relax in your living room or watch TV, a glass coffee table is not the most comfortable option. Consider looking at low profile tables or sofas or chairs with built-in tables.
Glass coffee tables offer a contemporary and chic look to any living room. But when it comes to choosing one, it’s important to think about what type of glass is best for your needs, and to measure the available space to make sure you get the right size. With the right type of glass coffee table, you can create a unique and stylish look in your home.